Elementary School Dress Standards
Students should wear clothing that is clean and suitable for school activities, keeping in mind weather conditions and good taste. Shoes must be worn at all times. Pants are to be worn at the waist and fastened securely.
The following are not to be worn at school:
1. Halter-tops, tank tops, fishnet tops & midriff blouses
2. Excessively large or baggy clothing
3. Tops and dresses with spaghetti straps
4. Muscle shirts
5. Shirts that advertise alcohol, tobacco, or drugs
6. Short shorts and skirts (Your index finger should touch the hem of the shorts).
7. Shorts covered by a full-length shirt
8. Bicycle pants or shorts
9. Clothing with open holes above the knee
10. Clothing that is suggestive, advocates disobedience to society or causes a possible disruption to the school
11. Clothing or attire with statements or symbols which might be deemed offensive to others, violent or of a threatening nature
12. Shoes with cleats and/or wheels (heelys)
13. Hardware chain
14. Caps, hats, visors, and other headgear, and sunglasses
15. If a student chooses to wear shorts or a skirt, the shorts or skirt must be of appropriate length. The appropriate measurement will be determined when the student is standing erect, hands by his/her side, fingertips not extending below the hem of the clothing, maintaining modesty at all times. Biker shorts, spandex apparel, excessively form-fitting shirts, shorts, pants, or skirts are not allowed
The principal or other duly authorized school official shall determine if a student’s attire or grooming meets reasonable and appropriate guidelines.